I have a heavy menstrual cycle and am considering the Diva Cup.

Anyone else have success with these? I have heard nothing but good things about them. I am currently breastfeeding and have not yet gained back my period, but I am just researching in advance.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• I love mine. I had one before having kids and it leaked a lot, but I got the other size after having kids and haven't had a problem at all. I also used sea sponges like tampons when the Diva wasn't working for me. I use cloth panty liners just in case, but rarely have a problem now.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If it's like the instead cup, I hated them. Yuck! They would hurt and sometimes they would slip out so whatever blood pooled in them was spilt everywhere! Plus I could never tell when they were in right or not. When they were in right and it was time for removal, it would get blood everywhere. I guess they just aren't for me, but I have a friend who uses them.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I used to use the Instead which is very similar. The diva cup, no sex with it in, the Instead cup, you can have sex with it in. I don't really have a heavy flow but I have a lot of clots. I can't do tampons. Something about them it always feels like I need to push it out. With the instead I didn't feel it at all. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2009