Is it bad to cheer if im 2 1/2 months pregnant?

i just got back from cheer camp today..i have been up there for 3days... we did jump cheer orobics, stunting but i didnt and im just scared and need my question answered!!!...thanks

1stTimeMomma201

Asked by 1stTimeMomma201 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not to be rude but how old are you? And I would stop the cheering if your pregnant
    Anonymous

• i would not do the major stunts, right now its ok however the further along you get the more you lose balance etc..so its not safe. and right now if you were to fall awkwardly it may be harmful to the baby. so i would probably quit now just to be safe. i'm hoping you are seeing a doctor already and if so you should ask your doctor. if not than you need to start to see someone soon so you can get prenatals and good health care while you are preg.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Exercise is good but only to a certain extent. You shouldn't be lifting anyone, but you should already know that. If you are 2 1/2 mths prego you should have seen a doc by now and my best advice would be to give him/her details and see what he/she says about it.

I dont know how you are still cheering though, I envy you. lol. I'm only 6 weeks and all I want to do is sleep all day!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I think you have other things to worry about now besides cheerleading. I know it's probably something that you will miss, and that sucks...But I think it's important you take care of yourself and the baby and any rigorous activity like that is probably a bad idea. Of course some exercise is good, but stunting and things like that can be dangerous. Good luck with your pregnancy
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree with LittleMonster22, take care of yourself and get to the doctor if you haven't already.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 11:12 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• How old ARE you??
    "Mommy, what were you doing when you were pregnant with me?"
    "Well, I was at CHEER CAMP!!"
    Anonymous

• It isn't safe to do any stunting or jumps. I would say cheers only, and kicks are probably out too, because of losing your balance. Even spotting or basing would be dangerous. In addition to that, your uniform isn't going to fit in the next couple of months. I'm afraid that by the time football season comes, you will be SOL. If I were you, I would quit the squad, and give them a chance to find a replacement. Just out of curiosity, how did you get out of doing that stuff at camp? Camp is usually super intensive.

Good luck with your pregnancy.

twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Why does it matter how old she is? It doesn't make it any more/less safe for her to be doing the above named activities.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 11:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I agree with twin_mommy, the poster is not asking for your opinion on her age/pregnancy. She is asking if it's okay to be cheering. Also, have you ever realized that there ARE ADULT cheerleaders. Professional but cheerleaders nonetheless. Get over yourselves. I'm sure none of your are saints.

And to answer the question, you should probably take a break on the cheering, ask your doctor what he/she feels is acceptable for you to do. Exercise is good but you will have to do some adjusting! Good luck
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ya know, she could be in college and be a cheerleader...
    Anonymous