My friend has a 6 month old who is teething and she is having problems with him sleeping through the nite. He has never slept through the nite yet, and its been worse since he has been teething. I suggested cereal in the bottle to keep him full longer at not, but that didnt work. Any suggestions?

levischic_06

Asked by levischic_06 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have these lil pills called teething tablets i think and it helps them sleep also vanilla abstact rub it on thier gums for the pain my mawmaw did it for me and my daughter it worked.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Thank you so much! I will let her know!
    levischic_06

Answer by levischic_06 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• if they are teething its really rough. my son is teething right now with his 3rd tooth and he is 10 months old. He doesnt want to sleep and cries if i put him to bed. I have to hold him. You could have her give him some Tylenol or ibuprofen(motrin-for infants). I have used teething tablets but doesnt really help. I use motrin since its stronger I use it at night when he has trouble sleeping. u are suppose to give it to them every 6-8 hours, so should last through the night if you give it right before bedtime. I use it and works great. Could also try baby orajel, but i dont use it on my son because he had an allergic reaction to it. try tylonel or motrin they help.
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 11:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Teething is a hard time for sleeping.. even for babies who DO sleep though the night and worse for those who don't.
    We bought an amber teething necklace and it has worked WONDERS way better than tylenol, motrin or even teething tablets.
    My son just got 2 more teeth in and we hardly noticed... and he didn't wake at night either... truely amazing. Have her look into one.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• that is what i do for my baby but... at 4 months u can give them night time orajel.... so try that
    Lillianmom08

Answer by Lillianmom08 at 12:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• he's old enough to be on baby food you could try that, and i would try the orajel too.. I'm not to this stage yet so i can't really help all that much good luck
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009