SLEEP DEPRIVED

hey girls,
my son is almost 11 months old. He goes to bed late every night (10-11pm sometimes later) and is up all the time in the night. If he settles its because he got a bottle but sometimes even if i give him a bottle he is up and wants to play. ANyone else have this problem?? I'm thinkin i may have to let him cry it out but i really dont like that.. it breaks my heart just 5 mins.. does anyone have success stories on how they got their child to sleep even if it was CIO? helppppppppppppppppppppp
Sincerely, a sleep deprived mama!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe try changing things around alittle if he goes to bed late and wakes up late wake him up early dont let him take a nap try to wear him out during the day
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• my son is 10 months old and takes 2 45 min-1 hour naps a day and goes to bed around 930pm-10pm if he wakes up at night I go in there(the first week or so) and rub his back until he falls asleep. Try changing your routine a little bit. Make sure he is not taking too many naps a day. my son now sleeps through the night since I did that and doesnt wake up to eat or want to play. Good luck
    Anonymous

• They say that sleep begets sleep meaning he needs to nap well to sleep well at night. It may be he has his days and nites messed up as well. Try a simple but consistent routine at nite so his brain slows down and be sure it is dark and quiet, no tv or bright lights. its not the best idea to let him fall asleep with a bottle either, it can cause not only tooth decay but upset tummy so maybe that too. good luck mom and I hope you get some sleep. My son is 8 weeks old so I feel your pain lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Wow i've never really had that, I just got lucky with my girl, i'd tell you how much she sleeps but you'd be jealous... does he get two naps a day? I've noticed if she doesn't get a morning and afternoon nap she doesn't sleep as well at night... just all i can say is watch when nap time is and give him a bath before bed and a let him fall asleep on the boob or bottle but make sure he's full and he should sleep better good luck
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009