Help! Wedding Cake Ideas Please!!!!

I've got almost my whole wedding planned but our cake!! I need ideas... the colors are Deep Red, Black, and White... Its going to be 3-tier and our venue is making it BUT I have to come up with a design plus flavors and im CLUELESS!!!! Please help with Ideas and Pictures!! :-D

TwistedMama27

Asked by TwistedMama27 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• what type of decorations or flowers are you going to have? maybe put the same type of flowers on the cake, you could order extra flowers and have them put them take off the stem and put them around the base. for favors, my sister and i made candies (you can buy molds at walmart, art stores, even some party supply stores) we did hers in shell shapes b/c she got married at the beach, but you could do hearts or all kinds of other things. and they are so simple to make, you just melt the stuff (it is called candy melts or something like that sold next to the molds) and pour it in then put it in the fridge for about 30 mins. it takes awhile if you have alot of people coming, but you can space it out over a few days instead of doing it all at once. thats the way we did it, she had 10 molds i had 10 molds and we spent about 2 days doing 2 batches a day then we got together and put them in pretty little pales (beach again but you CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• can put them in favor bags or something that goes w/your decorations) and wrapped them in tulle that matched her colors.
    vabchmommy

• Those colors say Cat In The Hat to me, which I actually love but I had a very whimsical wedding. Hmmm. Can't help with design except to say a piano keyboard. Otherwise, white cake with raspberry filling and creamcheese frosting is good or lemon poppyseed and then some chocolate one which also has raspberry filling sometimes.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• three tier square cake with white fondant. black ribbon all around each box and red flowers at the top
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 12:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• when my sister made my brothers cake she had fresh red roses with a lighted foutain thing bewteen the tiers It was so cool! orential trading has some REALY cool favor ideas cheap too! good luck
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 2:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• white fondant. black ribbon trim around the base of the layers. very classic, simple elegant. red roses or hibiscus or whatever for the topper.

or you could do red on white decorations. check out duff on food network.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 4:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Hey twisted...my best friend actually had that same theme for her wedding and it turned out VERY elegant and was amazing. She and I put the whole thing together actually.
    Her cake was 4 tiers, covered in fondant, had a back ribbon around each tier, and red carnations in a globe that separated the cake in the middle. It was beautiful. I'll send you a pic if I can :D
    frogger11

Answer by frogger11 at 4:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009