how long do you nurse for?...... and how often....

my daughter will be 3mons on the 13th and she eats every 2hrs. sometimees 3 but rarely. I was just curious. and she nurses 10min-30. today i think she hit a growth spurt cuz she ate ever hr at times.

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is 4 and a half months and sometimes she nurses for 30 min to an hour every 2 to 3 hours except at night sshe can go pretty long without nursing,sometimes its a quick snack , I just let her eat when she wants as long as she wants.. Its rare to get an ebf baby on an eating schedule. Sounds like a growth spurt . Hannah had one about that time.
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 11:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• all breastfed babies nurse diff, it depends on them when they are hungry, are they a snacker or do they want alot at once, etc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• She's 5 months and eats every 2-4 hours and it really just depends how long she feeds for... you might not be making enough milk for her and thats why she needs to eat so much, watch her really close and get her weighed in a week or so, after my daughters first growth spurt i wasnt' making enough for her and she started loosing a lot of weight.. good luck and its awesome ur breast feeding don't give up
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Every baby is different. Just go with what you child wants and she will be getting enough. Both my kids were drastically different. The first would go 4-6 hours at 3 months old, but the second it was like 2-3 hours at 3 months old. They both took about 20 minutes on one side and then another 5-10 minutes on the other though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2009