Okay this is an odd..herpes question...

If if you're giving a guy oral sex and they have herpes and you get it on your mouth. Is it genital herpes or cold sore herpes that you have on your lips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• I'm not sure. I think it's the same virus. I know if he had a cold sore and went down on you then you would get genital herpes.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Sadira is right. It is the same virus and since it is around your mouth it is a cold sore and should go away. Just in case I'd look into some cold sore creams to make sure.
    christinal14

Answer by christinal14 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it will be sore herpes if its around ur mouth and genital herpes if its on ur vagina
    fagan

Answer by fagan at 3:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes, you can get it in your mouth area. No, it is not the same virus. Herpes Simplex I is the virus that is usually found around the mouth. Herpes Simplex II is usually found around the genital area. A person can get either in any area of the body that has mucous tissue - the eye area for example. The only way of know which Simplex a person has is with a biopsy of the infected tissue.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes, you can get it in your mouth area and no it isn't the same virus as a cold sore. You can get a cold sore and never had sex with anyone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• This is really weird because my friends and I were arguing about Herpes and the difference. From the research I found it is the same virus just called Simplex 1 or 2 depending on where it is at.

Also, you get cold sores by being exposed to some one who has them. You don't just magically get the virus. You can get cold sores by sharing drinks and kissing, and oral sex. You could potentially get genital herpes by touching your cold sore and then masturbating. (ew.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2009