Does this sound like a possible heart condition that could be a cause for concern?

I will be 33 weeks pregnant tomorrow and throughout my pregnancy, I've been very dizzy. I usually just get dizzy out of no where... A lot of the time when I'm sitting up right. It's been happening since about 20 weeks, and I mentioned it to my doctor and he didn't really say anything... But I'm not anemic. I get my blood checked regularly, don't have pre-eclampsia, or gestational diabetes. I mentioned it again and he told me to eat/drink more water and see if it helps, but it's not helping. When I get dizzy, my heart starts racing, I get sweaty/hot, and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I've had heart palpitations my whole life. (Racing heart for 30 seconds-2 minutes and skipping beats.) But this dizziness is scaring me. TMI -- I've been slightly constipated and I noticed when trying to push, it makes my heart race, also, to the point that I feel like I'll pass out... I can't imagine what labor will do. Sound like anything?

Enembe

Asked by Enembe at 11:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Health

• nothing to be worried about.your heart races when you poop because when you strain it makes you hold your breath momentarily thats all. and if you have had heart palps your whole life, that explains all the other symptoms too, just now you are more dizzy due to the baby.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I've had palpitations like that, too and nothing ever shows up on the EKG. Practice breathing when you're pooping--don't hold your breath when you push it out, but concentrate on breathing out with the push. It's the same method to use in childbirth. It's not as forceful, so you are less likely to tear anything and shouldn't get as dizzy. Also, if you get head pains from it, that will prevent those as well.
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 6:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2009