Is it normal to be this tired? **6wk's pg**

I slept 14 hours last night. I woke up, dizzy and still very tired. About 3 hours later I took a 4 hour nap. I woke up still dizzy and tired. My bf wanted to go for a walk and I did too but every time I stood up I just wanted to sit somewhere.

I'm constantly looking for a seat and when I'm home all I want to do is sleep!
I've never been this tired and I know its normal to be groggy but jeeze! I dont even want to walk a few feet. I've seen pregnant women in their 6th or 7th month doing so much and I'm scared I'm turning out to be one of those women who dont do anything and use their pregnancy as an excuse.
Its my first pregnancy and I'm only 6 weeks. I dont see my doc till Tuesday...
Is this normal? If it is normal, will this symptom subside soon or will it be this way for the entire 9 months? Have any of you experienced this at this extent?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 11:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yup. I was sooooo tired. It is the progesterone. Congrats. It gets better by the second trimester.
    Anonymous

• yup its normal. With my first, the entire first trimester all i did was sleep. Taking a shower and getting dressed would take every ounce of energy I had...I was worthless for 3 months .
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• i like to call it MIND NUMBING EXHAUSTION...very normal. it should get better in the early part of your second trimester. then when you near the end, you're big and uncomfortable and can't sleep! but that's just getting you ready for when baby comes! :)
    just wait till you're pregnant with #2 and chasing around a toddler when you're that tired. i'm there right now...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Aww..abelsmama.. I cant imagine that! I have two dogs and I cant even manage to get their harnesses on without getting stressed out lol... Cant imagine a child!! Whew... God bless you!

Glad to hear this is normal. I'm still going to bring it up with my doc to see if maybe he can suggest some ways of getting over it! Its frustrating because I want to go out and do things and I feel so dead! lol
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 11:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• sleep away cause when that baby comes, no more long nights of sleep. It does ease up for a bit in the second trimester but then comes back again in the third.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2009