WE ARE ALL HORRIBLE MOMS!

According to a post I seen today (I think it is deleted) was on the topic "why do moms work" IT WAS SO IGNORANT! There was 2 opinions (for the most part) either you are a horrible mom for working blah blah you should stay with your kids blah blah. OR if you are a SAHM, you are lazy, sit on your a$$ all day...mooch off your husband ect. So according to the responses we are all bad moms. I made the statement that I am a SAHM because really its the onl option I have. Then I made a list of my daily chores (showing i dont sit on my ass all day) And got attacked because I clean my house because my kids have SEVERE allergies. Told that my kids live in a bubble (my son is in elementary school) my DD is only 7 mo. WHY is it either way we are bad moms?? Some moms have to work to support their familys. Some dont. THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE RICH! OR LIVE OFF PA!!!!!!! I am far from rich and do not live off pa! SO i guess we all suck!

airforewifenmom

Asked by airforewifenmom at 11:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think it is a personal choice for some and some of us have no options. I personally am a SAHM because my son has special needs and I care for him as I do not trust others to. We are all doing our best. Not all SAHM's are lazy, some are. Some working parents are doing it for their children and some are doing it to get away from them.
    lmsar

Answer by lmsar at 11:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Ignorance. :( I work ft and so does my hubby. I don't think there are many sahm. The economy is not good and both parents have to work. If they are it's cuz their husband are well of or they don't care of having extra $ to provide for their family.
    Anonymous

• There are so many evil mom on here dont' let them get to you. You sound like a great mom. Your kids are lucky to have you and your hubby too. :) Blessings!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• you ae a good mother don't pay attention to what ignorant ppl have to say i am a working mother i work 18 hrs a week just to make some extra cash to buy the food and pay the electric bill i would love to be a sahm but i need to work and i don't think that makes me a bad mom my son has severe allergies too so i understand how you feel only an idiot who doesn't have a chid with allergies would make such a stupid comment like that if only she knew what we have to go through
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• amen sister! some ladies on here just like to start drama and say random things to piss people off.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• I hear ya!! You really can't please all the people all the time.... we're really lucky if we can please some of the people some of the time! All that really matters though is that you are doing the best you can with what you have and your raising your kids with love and respect. If what you are doing works for you and your family, then that is great!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 11:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• There are some people out there that have to find fault with everything. You're doing what's best for your family in your situation and that's all any of us can do.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Too much drama. You raise your kids as you wish and don't let anyone else make you feel bad for it.
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 11:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• There is one ASSumption I really dont get. Not all SAHM have rich hubbys. My hub has been in the military for 3 years. He nowhere NEAR makes alot of money. We make enough to provide for our children. In our income level it would be pointless for me to work. Daycare here is around 90 per child per week. that is 180. If i worked it wouldnt be for much pay maybe 8 dollars an hour. I would pretty much be working to pay dacare. I REFUSE to do that. I am going to school, so that when my children are both in school, I will have a career. So i just needed to let SOME moms know that not all of us SAHM are rich and WE do care about our childrens needs being met TOO!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 12:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Lol! Yep. Your life situation is yours and so it's the card you're dealing with. I stay home. I could work but I don't wanna pay for day care it's so damn pricey here. Whichever side of the coin you're on you're screwed. I can say this, I have polite, sweet, loving, smart, wonderful kids and I get compliments on them all the time so I must be doing SOMETHING right staying home on my butt, grocery shopping, doctor appointments, to and from school three times a day, cooking meals, doing laundry, changing all the beds, dusting, mopping, cleaning the bathtub, blah, blah, homework, volunteering at the school.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009