HOW EARLY IS TO EARLY IN A RELATIONSHIP TO HAVE OR BOTH AGREE TO START TRYING FOR A BABY?

just 4 fun category

sarahandmark09

Asked by sarahandmark09 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• When you have a ring and a house. :) Don't rush wait til you have everything in order. Decide if he is your husband material. I would just enjoy your relationship if you're not married and focus on finding out if he is the one.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• Read "101 questions to ask before you get engaged" book. :)
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• well, i got pregnant 3 months after i met my BF, and 2 1/2 yeaars and another pregnancy later, we are still together. but i agree with waiting a few years to get to know eachother.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2009

• When my husband and I got married, we started trying 2 months later, we ended up not getting pregnant for 2 years. I honestly think people need to wait at least a year. Enjoy the time as a couple and just a couple because it will never be just you and him again. You will always have a child grown or not grown. I was glad after everything was said and done that I did not get pregnant right away and I got to enjoy being just husband and wife.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 12:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When my husband and I got together, he had a son that he was raising alone. So we never were a couple. We talked about having a child together after about 6 months, and decided to start trying about 6 months after that. The only reason we waited the additional 6 months is because of the age difference we were hoping in between the kids.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• How about after getting married first?

HelloKitty86~well, i got pregnant 3 months after i met my BF, and 2 1/2 yeaars and another pregnancy later, we are still together. but i agree with waiting a few years to get to know eachother.

What happened to getting to know each other before sleeping with someone... Gee, how do you just casually sleep around with men and have babies with men who you haven't even gotten to know?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• we waited four months.. at the third month we moved out.. 5 yrs later were stil going strong. and were still not married.. marriage not really a big deal to me.. blah! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• with my ex i got preggo within a few weeks...mind u was told by several dr i couldnt get pregnate so i didnt bother with bc. with dh i knowen him for 2 yrs as a friend befor we started dateing we dated for 2 weeks when we descussed kids and have been ttc since
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NOT THAT ITS ANYONES BUSINESS, BUT I WAS ON BC, AND IT DIDNT WORK, AND HE WAS ONLY THE 2ND MAN I HAD EVER SLEPT WITH, AND HE WILL BE THE LAST, SO MIND YOUR OWN DAMN BUSINESS ANON :55 WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THAT, HUH? DAMN...
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It really depends on the couple. We were married 5 years when we had our first child. We wanted time to establish ourselves in our marriage, buy a house, settle in to our lives, and become financially stable before bringing children into the mix.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2009