What do you use to brush your kid(s) teeth? And how old are they?

I have a 14 month old and I dont know what kind of routin I should have her on. How many times, what to use, etc.

Mrs.Wills

Asked by Mrs.Wills at 2:56 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (-1 Credits)
  • They make toothpaste for toddlers and you can find it at just about any store. I would say once in the morning and once before bed is just fine.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:59 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• AS SOON AS SHE STARTED WATCHING ME BRUSH MY TEETH AND SHOWED INTREST I GOT HER A TOOTH BRUSH AND THE TODDLER TOOTHPASTE. IT'S FLORIDE FREE SO THEY CAN SWALLOW IT. I FIGURED IF I STARTED HER NOW, I WOULDN'T HAVE TO FIGHT WITH HER SO MUCH LATER.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I started at 6 months with a wet washcloth, then moved to a finger brush with the fluride free toddler paste, now he has a toddle toothbrush with the fluride free paste. He brushes his teeth (with mine or DH's assistance) every night before bed. he is 14 months
    nathans_mom407

Answer by nathans_mom407 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• We use Weleda Children's Tooth Gel, available at Whole Foods. It was difficult to find one that was not only fluoride free, but free of artificial ingredients and sweeteners. We aim to brush his teeth at least once a day(though he hates it). He's 11 months old:)
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 3:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• tom we use toms because why add flouride to there teeth and its flouride free
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• They have toddler toothbrushes... they're soft. Put a pea-sized bit of toddler toothpaste on it & brush. She'll probably fight with you for a while, but it's safe to swallow. Don't get anything with fluoride until she's 2 years old.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2008