im sure this has been asked but whats the real deal on sex durring pregnancy?

I was told that I would be able to have sex durring pregnancy becouse it is good for the baby.
Then i was told not to becouse if he cums inside of you the sperm eats away your cervix and makes you go into labor...i thought it was a load fo crapp but what is it really??

jo_jo453

Asked by jo_jo453 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Any doctor or even pregnancy book will tell you it's perfectly fine to have sex during pregnancy. Just use common sense and if it hurts, stop. I'm 22 weeks and have had sex maybe 5 times this entire pregnancy. Some days my crotch just isn't up for it, lol.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My doctor told me it was perfectly fine and that it wouldn't hurt the baby or me in any way. It's like most other things with pregnancy, if you are comfy doing it, and it doesn't cause pain or bleeding then it is fine. I've never in my life heard of the cum eating away at the cervix and trust me...I'm 24 weeks and my sex life hasn't slowed one bit, on the contrary it increased and I haven't had any problems.
    javila

Answer by javila at 12:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If you are between 38 and 40 weeks, sperm can cause the cervix to thin and bring about labor. However, it will not work if you are not really close to your due date anyways. Unless specifically told to lay off sex by your doctor, it is completely safe to have sex all through the pregnancy!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Actually, most doctors encourage sex during pregnancy. They will tell you that it makes labor and delivery easier if you continue to have sex all the way up to labor. && I also have never heard of it eating away at your cervix or anything like that.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• sperm eats away at your cervix? OMG Please tell me you don't believe that bs. Sex is great for you, the baby, dad and your relationship I had it up to the time I went into labor for all three of mine and my cervix is just fine...and I'm old now.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sperm doesn't "eat away" at your cervix, there are natural hormones in semen that softens the cervix.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 12:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Ha ha, sperm can soften the cervix but thats NOTHING to worry about unless you are having issues with your pregnancy. If this is a normal pregnancy then sex is FINE. I have a lot of sex.... TONS of sex, I'm almost 6 and a half months along. Some women say that they have sex when the baby is close to being born and it induces labor but it's fine.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• sperm can soften you cervix and help labor start.... WHEN YOUR BODY IS READY. if it sounds like a load of crap it prolly is.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 9:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2009