Hurting under ribs!

I am 23 weeks pregnant, and every time i sit down, i have a pain under my ribs, but only on the right side! Is it possible for the baby to be up that high already? Its the very top of my ribs, like whats closest to my breasts! I have to continously keep my hands there to make it stop hurting =/

StacyDeAnn

Asked by StacyDeAnn at 12:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get up and move around lean to the left maybe he will come down a little bit. or try laying on your left side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• all of your insides get pushed up to make room for the little one just wait though my sons feet were constantly in my ribs and they hurt for about a month after he was born...lol
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had that with my second baby. It was his head pushing against my ribs. I had it from about 24 weeks on until he flipped at about 37 weeks. I only had it when I was sitting too.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had that when I was pg. It was kind of like a burning pain (not heartburn) Felt like something was tearing. They never did tell me what it was but it got to the point where I had to remember to move slowly when getting out of the car or turning while sitting. Good luck and I hope you feel better.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm having the same thing in fact i have it so badly i ended up in the hospital. My doctors say that it is actually a gal blatter problem. The only thing I've found that really works is eating small meals and eatting slowly. A hot pad also helps sometimes.
    Mrshood09

Answer by Mrshood09 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2009