what can i do about my 4 month old son crying all the time?

I breastfeed my 15 week old son and he has really bad gas. I feed him then he screams and maybe 10 to 15 min later he passes gas for like 3 min then he stops crying! I eat a lot of veggies n fruits but I'm wondering if I need to stop cuz he's soo gassy any advice would help!

Asked by VincentVictor at 12:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try alternating your diet first. It will take 2 weeks to remove an irritant from his system and your supply. Deo you eat a lot of dairy? It is one of the most common thing? Just drop 1 thing at a time until you find it.

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was also thinking dairy. in order to find out what is causing it, you'll have to cut it out of your diet and wait 1-2 weeks to find out if that's the source. has a lot of WONDERFUL breastfeeding info, you will find some really good advice there upon searching "gassy baby".

Answer by NoNonsenseMama at 1:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• if your eating a lot of brocolli it would do that.. but get him some baby gas x stuff. .. it works sooo amazing and it'll make him feel a lot better

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• First check this info to see if you have an OVERSUPPLY of milk.

Great info at My baby is gassy. Is this caused by something in my diet?

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009