Do animals have souls?

I am just wondering what the rest of you ladies thought. I have heard some religious people say that they don't. Others say that they do. So, I wanted to see what you ladies think.
I believe that they do. And, it it turns out that they don't and there are no animals in heaven, i don't want to go there anyway.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that they do...but what do you mean it turns out that they don't have a soul???

Where did you hear this?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think they do go to heaven... lion will lay with a lamb
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, they don't. They don't need them & they were not created like people were. There is no proof scripturally, but I believe there will be pets in heaven.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Ok, anon, if animals don't have souls, how will we have pets in heaven? They would have to come from somewhere. Or are they just there?
    And anon 36, I have heard several Christians around where I live say that animals don't have souls. And, when they say that, I tell them that I don't want to go to heaven if there are no animals.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I believe they have spirits in fact it is huge part of my religious belief system
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I honestly can't see why animals wouldn't but, it's difficult for me because I have the heart of a vegetarian and the stomach of an omnivore......Seriously, I think I should but, I don't know how I would be able to give up animal products. I've felt bad about it ever since I got some literature from some Hare Krishna followers in my early twenties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• they do to have souls...they were created....maybe not by "go" but humans didnt make them because if they did we wouldnt have to feed them and they wouldnt go to the bathroom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• anon 52 ofcourse "go" didn't make animals but God did make them and i agree with the 2nd poster the bible says that there will be animals living peacefully is heaven
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 1:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We needed this last night when we found immortality. Do sponges have soul? Or tulips or mold?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The original creation. When we visit the original creation, we discover a number of truths. One apparent truth is the uniqueness of man compared to the lower animal creation. Only to man was it said, "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness…." (Gen. 1: 26). Animals are next mentioned in the verse, but from the standpoint of their subservience to man.

The fate of man and animals. The wise man had much to say regarding man, his birth, life, and destiny. He wrote, "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it" (Eccl. 12: 7). Earlier, he wrote regarding man and the beast: "Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?" (Eccl. 3: 21.) This question is clearly answered in the above noted chapter twelve, verse seven.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009