its my first baby i wanted 2 know will i tear or will i need 2 be cutt

chantale.otis

Asked by chantale.otis at 12:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they will have to cut you if you start to tear
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I tore a little bit but they didn't have to cut me. They had to cut my sister and she landed up having 10 staples. You may want to ask you dr. he/she may ease your mind more. GL mama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Oy... My biggest fear too lmao...
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What's your birth plan? I was cut the first time (long healing with that) and tore second degree the second time. I would never have believed it, but the tear healed much better/faster. That said, you don't want to tear all the way (YIKES!!!!) so they end up having to make that choice at the moment and doctors are different on that. Ask.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• They do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT....NOT have to cut you if you start to tear!!!

In general it's better to tear than to be cut becaue tears are easier to heal from in most cases and often the cut is a lot larger than the tear would have been.

I've talked this over with my doctor and told her I would prefer to tear naturally rather than be cut. The ONLY acception to this is if the tear is going up into the peri-ureathral area or the baby is in distress because epsiodomies cut delivery time by 5-10 minutes in emergencies.

With my first child the doctor asked if I wanted to be cut. I said no. I'm so glad I did because all I had was a tiny tear requiring 1 stitch. It would have been a lot more if I had been cut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yeah...you are better off talking to your docter aboutit..every pregnancy is different
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the doctor. I was cut && I had one long stitch that was completely healed up by my 6 week check-up && it never caused me any pain once I got home. It just itched a little when it started to heal. Some women don't tear or need to be cut, it depends on how much elasticity your skin has.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• when I had my son (first baby) I didn't tare at all. so sometimes you don't.
    Amelora

Answer by Amelora at 12:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Do your exercises and get control of those muscles and learn breathing techniques. All will help you from tearing if at all possible. If they see you tearing they will cut

Answer by admckenzie at 12:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I wish I knew more about being cut when I had my first son. Before having him I was absolutely terrified at the thought of an episiotomy. I didn't feel a thing when I had one, and the stitches were healed within two weeks. I ad to get one again, or atleast I already knew what to expect so I let them do one again, but the healing time the second time around was much faster, probably because I knew what helped me heal faster, and didn't listen to the DR lol. (It's ultimately my body..so I did what I wanted after labor..lol)
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2009