• In the Spotlight:

my daughter fell on the playground

she fell on the playground and got a swollen on her head, i massage it ,put some ice, gave tylenol,she is ok ,but i am veryyyy protective of my daughter,
i am beeing hard on myself, i cannot prevent some fall otherwise she will not play at all,but that makes me sad,
any advice for a sad mom

tine10

Asked by tine10 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh gosh, it happens to ALL of us. Don't beat yourself up, she's going to fall again. You aren't going to be able to prevent every injury even though you want to. My stupid husband gave my 4 year old a measuring tape to play with once, it sliced his fingers like a blade. I will never forget my fury toward my husband and the jolt of pain I felt for my son who was cut on all four fingers very deeply. Just last night my son was swimming in a hot tub, lost his footing and bobbed up and down in flat panic. I was right next to him and yanked him out of the water and he was crying but fine. I put him right back in though so he wouldn't be afraid and he's totally forgotten about it. Scared me to death but this stuff will happen. You did all the right things to make her better and it'll be okay, it's part of her learning too. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it's really hard to see your baby get hurt!!! absolutely something every mom doesn't wish for!!! My daughter got burned yesterday and is always falling off everything!!! It's hard for me to not run over and baby her but she gets up and laughs it off everytime!! She's 19 mo and has bruises all over her knees and elbows!!! She thinks its funny to fall off the bed and couch and she hit her head on the coffee table yesterday! She cried for 30 secs got back up and did it again!! My point is they fall and hurt themselves and as long as it isn't bad, they will survive! It's not something we want for our kids, but it is something that will happen! I figure as long as a bone isn't broken or she isn't bleeding and it doesn't hurt after a min or so, she's fine.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It happens. They forget about it. :) My son (2.5) decided to undo the buckles on the cart at the grocery store last week (we use the dual cart) and try to get down. Still has a goose egg but he tried to do it again yesterday when we went. lol It tends to hurt us Moms way more then it does the kids.
    kristinlimon

Answer by kristinlimon at 6:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009