natural or epidural?

chantale.otis

Asked by chantale.otis at 12:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• epi
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• epi i dont think i would of been able to deal with the pain and let my body realx without killing someone from all the pain i was in before i got the meds....i was in bad labor for 12 hours before i was even able to get the meds
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NATURAL ALL THE WAY FOR ME!!

I had an epidural with my first labor after I was induced and I immediately regretted it. It's not something I will do again but no judgement to those who choose to have them. I think all women should have the birth they want as long as the know the risk and the benefits of it out way the risk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm planning on getting an epidural.
    But if I could go all natural then it'd be nice, but I'm not planning on it.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I always say get an epi for the first one but if you get there and labor isnt bad like with mine I got one just because I wasnt sure how long labor would last and I knew I wouldnt handle what little pain I was in for long but for my next one I am gonna go natural or try at least because it was a breeze for me but you should make that call once you feel the labor pain's because no one is gonna know how bad it hurts but you
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had an epidural. I dealt with the pain as long as I could, about 3 hours after the contractions got to be about a min apart, about 8 hrs before I actually had him. I was in labor for 27 1/2 hrs total.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well I have decided to plan on going natural for a few reasons. After talking to a couple of different people I decided that it just wasn't worth it for me. There are too many possible bad side effects that go along with it. Also, I've heard that sometimes they don't work and there's no way in hell I'm gonna have that huge needle stuck in me and potentially have no relief from it. My cousin got one but it wore off a while before she began pushing. Also, I've heard of women having back pain and issues months after the epi. And some say it takes away from the whole experience. I'm a big baby about needles and don't want it. So if I can handle the pain, I will not get one. But that's just my own choice.
    javila

Answer by javila at 1:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My birthing plan is being created now and we're talking about it with my doc and I have decided on no epidural and no pain meds
    but some women dont get epidural but get something to take the edge off
    and i was also told from ppl who do nat. birth that the worse part is the contractions
    the actual birth is all adrenaline
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i think if i had a kid id go natural all the way :D
    fagan

Answer by fagan at 1:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Natural, in my opinion its easier and safer.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009