Wisdom teeth while pregnant?

I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant and one of my bottom wisdom teeth is coming in. It's really, really painful and I go to the doctor tomorrow, so I can ask him what he recommends and allows in the way of extraction. My question is....has anyone else had to have one removed during pregnancy? Did your doctor allow it? Did you have only local anasthetic? How bad was it? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got a molar pulled when i started my 2nd trimester. The ob said it was fine because they will only use a shot to numb the area around the tooth, and the numbing stuff wont go into your blood so it wont harm the baby. It wasn't bad at all, compared to the awful pain that toothaches can be! Trust me, if your dr okay'd it.. i would have it done, the extraction will hurt for like a little tiny while once you are done, but then it will be like there was never pain to begin with. Dealing with pregnancy pains, and then a toothache.. not so much fun.
    Good luck!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i didnt get it removed while i was pregnat but my doc said could and that it wouldnt be a problem
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2009