33 weeks pregnant - How can you tell what position your baby is in?

I feel most of the babies movements on the my sides around or a little above/below my belly button. I very rarely feel movement up high by my ribs.. I do sometimes, it's just not often. When I lay on my side and press on my side with the palm of my hand, I can sometimes feel something round and hard. I'm not sure if it's his bottom or his head, but whenever I do this, he moves so that I can't feel it anymore. I can feel movement on my bladder sometimes, not sure if that sounds weird. When he has the hiccups, I can't feel them on my stomach, but I can actually feel my butt moving... (Sorry, TMI..lol) I've never actually felt his feet as far as I can tell... What does it sound like? At my 20 week ultrasound, he was head down, but now I feel like he might be transverse since I'm not feeling much upper movement.

Enembe

Asked by Enembe at 1:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• belly mapping is a good place to start...try spinningbabies.com
    hopinforanother

Answer by hopinforanother at 1:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You can't really tell and it doesn't matter until 38 weeks anyway. In fact, in most cases, it never matters, since babies often turn during labor and breech babies can be born vaginally as well (transverse, not so much, of course). Your baby knows what to do, but yes, www.spinningbabies.com might give you some comfort.
    Xakana

Answer by Xakana at 6:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2009