How!!?!?! I just don't understand (weight issue)

I asked a question about 2 weeks ago on weight gain... took advice of a new diet and started gaining weight immediately! I am 5'6" and I was 108... I got up to 113 and was doing great! Then I made some cupcakes and ate prob 2.5.... and I've lost 3 lbs... I'm at 110 suddenly today!! I can't figure this out!!! I'm getting very frustrated!!! Anyways, I'm makeing a dr apt as soon as I get up but does anyone else have this problem or any ideas?!?

07lilmama1108

Asked by 07lilmama1108 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• My hubby has the same issue and got tested for everything and anything,all came back fine.
    Just has a good metabolism so what he did is went and got shakes to make from a health food store that helps people gain,they taste pretty good also.
    He actually gained weight and along the way got added vitamins and minerals.
    Only down side is once you stop you will start to lose again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm not quite sure what you can do because I'm in the same boat. I'm 5'4'' and weigh around 98 lbs. I'll gain weight then lose it all over again. It's tough isn't it?! I hate it! I just try and eat whatever I want but I'm also working out so my body can maintain a balance. I've also been drinking protein drinks lately and noticed that my weight is going up a lb or two here and there but never below 98 now.
    christinal14

Answer by christinal14 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• so it sounds like I'm gunna have to start doing something with protein drinks... thank you ladies!!! I'm trying to gain weight so I can get pregnant again and I need to be 123-125 at least!! I wish those ladies who are complaining about weighing too much could just give me 50 lbs!!! maybe that would last me a year! LOL I'm gunna get my blood checked AGAIN but they've never found anything wrong...
    Ya it sucks christinal14!! I'm SOO glad there is another woman out there who understands!!! I hate how I just keep loosing and can't even keep enough meat on my bones!! everyone looks at me like I look disgusting :( I know I'm toothpick size but I really can't help it!! I also always feel like a pig cuz I eat SOOO much! Like every 30 minutes i'm eating something!!! Sandwhich, eggs, fruit, cereal, anything i can find! LOL
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You may have Celiac disease which means you are allergic to gluten (could explain the cupcakes).  This will also mean that you are not receiving the proper nutrients from your food which would explain weight loss.

Go to your doctor and ask him to do a blood test to check for it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009