2 Peter 3:9 have you all read this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes it says...

GoooOOOoOOooooo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• GIVE IT A REST...BE A MOM
    Anonymous

• Yes, I've read it. Did you have a question about it, or was that your whole question?
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 2 Peter 3:9 (New International Version - UK)
    9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I like this verse thanks for the reminder
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Father God, thank you for your patience with each one of us in our lives. Let us live humbly knowing that you love us. Help each one of us to not take advantage of the time you have given us or your patience. Help us to love with your heart & reach out with your hands to others. Let our lives bring you praise & honor. In Jesus name....Amen.
    missamerica1

Answer by missamerica1 at 5:39 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some people understand slowness, but is being patient with you. He does not want anyone to perish, but wants everyone to repent."

-Some Christians use this to say that good people go to heaven (for me, that's a stretch).
    -Some Christians who are universalists use this to prove God chooses everyone.
    -Some Christians who believe in Predestination/Election state that God is only speaking to his "chosen" (who are mentioned in 1 Peter 2:9).

Did you have a question aboutt he passage?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes, I have...and?

2mothershelpers, why do you bother posting anon...you question style is always the same.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I love that verse within its context. It's basically an answer to the scoffers who ask, "where is the promise of His coming?" and say, "since the fathers fell asleep, everything continues as they were from the creation". Time with God is not the same as it is with us; God sees all time at once. God wants to save as many people as possible, so when His word says," soon", it is from the view of eternity. The same word that spoke this world into existence still holds it in place today. He will return at a time when no one expects Him. We as believers ought to live circumspectly before God, looking forward to new heavens and a new earth, reaching as many with the Gospel as we can. God is unfathomably patient with us who turn from Him or even deny His existence altogether.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "2mothershelpers, why do you bother posting anon...you question style is always the same."

*snort* I was thinking the same thing =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yup, I've read it. And to forestall future like minded questions, I've also read the entire bible.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2009