should i breast feed

alot of women told me its uncomfortable

chantale.otis

Asked by chantale.otis at 1:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would try at least. i didn't try at all w/my first and regretted not trying later. with this one i tried however he wouldn't feed and i couldn't pump anything so we've been formula feeding. but this time at least i know i tried.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sure it is uncomfortable in the beginning. But it soooo much easier than FF. There is no worry about having clean bottles and the right water, and the formula. No worry about if the water is warm enough or cool enough.
    All you need to pack to go anywhere is diapers and a change of clothes. There is no running out of formula, there is no worry about paying for formula. There is no worry about your baby becoming constipated.
    It does hurt a bit in the beginning, but it is soooooo worth it in the end.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It shouldn't be uncomfortale after the first couple of days. If it is that's a sign that there is a latching problem which can be remedied with practice and help from a lactation consultant.

Studies show that breastfed babies are healthier than their FF counter parts, have higher IQs (IQ is NOT the same things as smart before someone throughs a fit), have less allergies & less severe allergies when they do develop. Breastfed toddlers have been found to be more socially adjusted & preform better in social situations among other things.

Check out www.kellymom.com

IMO all babies should at least be given a chance at breastfeeding. There are risk to formula.

Just make sure you FULLY research BOTH breastfeeding & formula. Don't just research breastfeeding & keep formula as a second option. KNOW what you are feeding your baby. And remember if you breastfeed you never have to worry about your baby's milk being recalled.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• YES!!!

Speak to women who have been sucessful and talk to them about your fears as well as concerns no matter how silly you think they may be. They can help you through your concerns and problems if any should arise after the baby.

Also get in contact with a lactation consultant NOW WHILE YOUR STILL PREGNANT so you can ask questions and get information NOW.

Oh and read the article "101 Reasons to Breastfeed"

You can google it and find it! GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would at least try. It may be easier than you think. If you don't like it, or it doesn't work out, than it will be alright.
    BritlovesAva

Answer by BritlovesAva at 1:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree everyone should try but if you can't this time dont let it get you down if you plan on having more try again it may take time but at least try it will be worth it in the end.... I tried and failed my milk dried up on my at about a month in and it was over night very strange but I tried and I will try again and I can only hope that next time it works... Talk to your mother and your grandmother and see if they were able to it can give you some info from them and how easily or hard it came to them so you know what to expect.. My mother wasnt able to either with me or my brother and neither was my grandmother with her two children and it knew from the begining that the cards were against me but I wanted to try.. They have cream that helps a ton at walmart I used it all the time..It will help with the discomfort
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• absolutely you should. breastfeeding isn't uncomfortable for everyone, and for most its only uncomfortable for the first few months because you and your baby are learning. There are sooooo many reasons to breastfeed... here are a few to think about 1.breastmilk gives your baby better nutrience any formula can. 2. its gives the baby your antibodies, protecting them from many diseases, colds etc.... builds up their immune system 3. its an incredible bonding experience for mommy and baby! 4. its always available and you don't have to worry about it going bad. 5 its easier than fixing a bottle and washing them 6 its FREE. 7. your baby can't get overfed on breastmilk 8. it helps protect you against breast cancer believe ut or not. 9. gives you an excuse to hold your baby and rest 10. the homrones while your bfing help calm and relax you and your baby. 11. helps comfort and ut baby to sleep. etc. check out www.llli.org
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i say give it a try and if it doesnt work then it doesnt.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I believe you shod gve it a try. I breastfeed my 2 boys,1 is 4 and the other is 3wks old. it's good 4u & ur baby. also it really isn't uncomfortable unless ur doing it rong honestly.
    but if u hve a good lactation counslor then you'll be fine.. our babies were ment to feed off of us jus like other animal were ment 2 feed off there mother. thats why the boobies are there not jus 4 the enjoyment of man. lol.but there is a certain way to do it to relieve the stress.
    I will warn not all baby latch on rite away. some my tke a few tries, even hrs or days. my 1st son latch on riteaway, my 2nd one it took almost 3days just for him 2 get it rite, now he is a champ. hahhaha. but no matter what tke ur time relax and dont expect to much.
    but once u start and get it rite, you will began to feel the bond between the both of u but u will hve to feed more frequent the a bottlefeed baby. also when you go out u hve 2 feed so bring blankets
    MotherLoverof3

Answer by MotherLoverof3 at 5:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009