How do I get my 5 year old to poop in the toilet?

We have tried everything!!!! The dr said its all upto her.There is no meical reason.

momofsixangels

Asked by momofsixangels at 3:42 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well I was going to say get another opinion from a different doctor... my daughter had that problem @ 3 years old she was scared of it pooping in the toilet, I don't know why but she was and I know it sounds horribly mean but it was to the point that I had to tell her to stay there even though she kicked and screamed for 20 mins, but when she did poop in the toilet she was soooo excited she hasn't had a problem since.
    Mami2LelanChloe

Answer by Mami2LelanChloe at 3:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• what every she really loves take it away only let her have it when she has done good going to potty then take it away when she has a accident make sure its something she really wonts and loves
    jmmcaskill

Answer by jmmcaskill at 3:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• a doctor will never tell you to leave them there but i had too with my son it got so bad he hadnt gone in a week i used a childrens enema on him and he went but he hated the feeling so when he wouldnt go i told him i was going to get that butt medicine and he would try harder then i started a routine after his shower or bath he would sit and try even if he didnt go he would try and most of the time he would get tired of sitting there and he would go and less than a month later no more routine he just goes to the toilet on his own it makes him feel bigger when hee ppoops in mommies toilet now
    Anonymous

• MY COUSIN HAD TO TRY A SCHEDULE FOR HER DD FOR A WHILE UNTIL SHE STARTED GOING....SHE HAD TO SIT THERE FOR 15 MINUTES @ A TIME...OR UNTIL SHE WENT....THEN BACK IN AN HOUR....OMG!!!
    momofmn

Answer by momofmn at 6:36 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Well have her set in there until she goes poop.Doesn't matter how long either.You could have her go in there ever 15-30 minutes until she poops too.I do mean every 15-30 minutes.She'll cave eventually.You can out her back in diapers too.See how she likes that.Even have her go to school in them.You can tell her that "big children" go in the potty.Only "babies" go in their pants.You could give her a laxative too.After one of thoseshe'll have to poop real bad.You could give her a privilege chart too.Every time that she goes in her pants;she gets something taken away from her.Every time that she goes in the toilet she will earn something.At the end of the week add them all up and if she went she gets something.If she didn't take something away that she likes.She wont like that and might catch on after that.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2009