How/when did you know

How/when did you know that the guy you started seeing or just meet was the one for you? Could you tell on your first date? Thanks

Lisa_Lynn

Asked by Lisa_Lynn at 2:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband knew from the moment he saw me.... i guess he knew that IF he could get a date, we'd be together forever!!! I knew that night..... when I wanted sex and he tried being a gentleman about it! He said no and was about to leave.... but i pursuaded him! I normally don't allow sex ever becuase guys try SOO hard to get it but when he said NO and I knew he wanted to.. that was what did it for me! We also were finishing eachothers sentences... and it was so easy to talk with him! We had the same opinions and yet we grew up in COMPLETELY different lifestyles!!! It was love at first sight! Well, basically! he also moved in on our first date... 4 years later we're almost completely happy, the only problem is he's in Iraq :(
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my husband knew when i went with him to meet his family and he said he felt like an outsider b/c i talked to his grandma for a few hours and she hadn't seen him in 2 yrs (he's military had gotten out of school boot camp etc..so hadn't been home in awhile) but didn't say much to him. it took me a little longer ( i only went to meet his family b/c i just wanted to have some fun and meet some fun people, i was only 18 figured no biggie...umm ya duh). it took me him being deployed (shortly after meeting family) and realizing how much he meant to me for me to realize he was the man i wanted to spend my life with. its been 8 years now and we're still happy. we were together for 9 months before we got married. so it was still pretty quick considering 6 of those months he was deployed
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I told my mil when I was 13 that I was going to marry her son and I did when I was 25.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• He was the first boy that I was comfortable with. Its crazy I was only 14 but like somehow I knew that we just fit together. We were the same but different. I was the preppy blonde and he was the bad ass skater. I think I knew it was forever when he went on vacation with us, and when I got up in the morning he said good morning beautiful!
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 9:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thanks for sharing your stories.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 12:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009