HELP ME LADIES,,,I just found out dd has a banquet for school tomorrow pm,,,I work full time,,,I need a super fast reciepe to take to the event,,any ideas> thanks

My dd has a choir banquet tomorrow pm,,and I work full time,,,I need a fast and easy receipe to take to the event,,,sorry I didnt know I was going till right now,,,,,help!!!!

beyondhopes

Asked by beyondhopes at 2:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Entertainment

• spaghetti is pretty fast even if you make your own sauce, rice crispie treats are always a hit. or maybe just a big fruit bowl with all the fruits that are in season
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 2 containers of cool whip, a tb of lemon juice, a bag of froz strawberries (or fresh if you have them), and about half a can of swt condensed milk (however much u like, jstu taste it). i always put a couple drops of red food coloring in it too. mix all together and chill! its awsome..I call it strawberry salad, my DH calls it strawberry delight...he loves it!!! Its always a hit, and takes about 5 mins to make!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• chicken nachos take like 45 minutes to make...cook chicken, cube it, put cream cheese on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan, throw chicken on top of that pour taco sauce on that and cover with cheese, bake for 25 minutes
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 10:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• This might sound weird...but Alfredo!

1/4 cup butter
    1 cup heavy cream
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Melt butter in a big pot over medium low heat. Add cream and simmer for 5 minutes, then add garlic and cheese and whisk quickly, heating through. Stir in parsley and go!

You can go to the store and buy some of those pre-cooked, ready to serve chicken strips to make you the talk of the banquet.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 11:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• casserole of any kind or crock pot

Answer by admckenzie at 5:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would take a mexican style layer dip with tortilla chips. You layer (in a 13x9 pan) 1 large can refried beans, 1 8 oz container sour cream, 1/2 cup salsa, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded lettuce. Cover with shredded cheese. Sprinkle chopped black olives on top. No cooking needed, just refrigerate it til its time to go. Take along 2 bags of tortilla chips. I make it for all our get togethers and everyone loves it. I always have to make 2 pans.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• PLEASE!! make something. I went to one tonight. I brought mostacholli and so did many others(way too many!) and some brought Pizza's, some slapped 2 qt's of store bought mashed potatoes, frozen lasagna. I understand the plight of the working Mom but I thought that some of the items were really "tacky" to bring to a banquet. It was sad! How about browning some ground beef and adding some seasonings for sloppy joes? That would be nice in the crock pot and should be easy. Bring some hamburger buns for it and remember a serving utensil too!! We were short on many dishes. Having been a chef I guess I am a little picky when it comes to buffets and pot luck. I wish i could make it so there would have been a nice mix of dishes.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• even Baked beans in the crock pot are good, tasty and different!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 10 min lasagna

in layers:

frozen ravioli
    ricotta
    jarred tomato sauce
    grated parmesan
    (repeat 2-3 times)

bake at 350 for... 20-25min (I think)
    bbosco

Answer by bbosco at 12:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• @ bbosco; You're still at it! Yours was the 9th answer! :p
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:48 AM on Jul. 12, 2010