baby cereal.....

i want to start feeding my 2 monthyoung baby cereal so that his milk would stay on his stomach better than just the formula by its self. So should i wait or just go ahead and slowly start to introduce my lo to baby cereal? We have a doctor's apt next week i know i should talk this over with our doctor and see if she thinks its okay but i need advice now. that is the age to start baies on cereal? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The Dr. will tell you not to....Your baby is on milk and formula?I feed my daughter cereal and she is 2 months old.It really helps with gas and helps to keep her full longer...But only once a day at night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NO, babies aren't suppose to start eating solid foods until 6 months, 4 at the earliest... you need to wait for the health of your baby... just give the baby a bath and make about 4 oz.. feed her/him and then breast feed if u do that and it should make them sleep really hard.. don't do it cuz they aren't ready to digest it... search google if you need advice thats where the facts are
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• In a way yes...The other girl is right on some parts...But where i'm from that was great to do until they changed it.I still give my daughter cereal and have with all the other kids and they did great also..If you do choose to the just make sure after ever "little" bite you give the baby some formula to help wash it down.And get some catnip to make some catnip tea for it.Also when you make the cereal make it with the formula.One sppon full of cereal and enough formula to make it kinda runny.I also use 2oz of water it a bottle to help with gas and sleep.It's not as big of a no no as everybody thinks.Use your mother instincts and do what you think is best.Dont go by what everybody says!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Go ahead and start her on rice cereal first, because it is the easies to digest for a baby it will help her to stay full and she will be a lot happier, and not so hungry.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 4:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You're not supposed to give your baby anything except breast or formula until they are 4 months old at the earliest. For the sake of your childs health. A lot of moms give thir child it too early anyway but they're taking a risk, if you want to take that risk, then do so. But your doctor will tell you no, it can hurt them. Although if your baby is spitting up often they may need the cereal added to their diet. So, I say talk to your doctor.
    Best of luck.
    Let them be babies, they grow up too fast! **
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009