they are bad, need help cleaning

i have a 3 seater and a 2 seater micro swade couch set, the coushions do not come off, they are stained bad, i have had them for 3 years now and i am tired of looking at the stains and i dont want to cover them cause i like the color of them, i need a way to clean them, any ideas???

MammaSherry

Asked by MammaSherry at 3:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Guardsman makes a great cleaning product that we got with our suede couch. It's worked on every stain we've had except for a red one from like popsicle or something. Here's a link for buying the cleaner, its $4 for the packet and you mix it with water in a spray bottle.

https://shop.guardsman.com/guardsman/store/productDetail.html?productId=4922
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• This sounds very much like my microfiber sofas. Are they a light tan color? Are most of your stains like water stains? Meaning a child can have a wet hand, touch the sofa and then it leaves a stain? I have the sectional. It goes into an L and the cushions do not come off at all. I have steam cleaned this thing for many years and it usually looks okay but it had gotten so dirty that it wasnt coming as clean. Ive had mine for about 5 yrs. So heres what I did. I was going to take it in the backyard and burn it because I hate it so much. Never buy microfiber. Its awful. BUT, instead I got this bright idea. I drug it out the front door into the driveway and I hooked up my Husky pressure washer and I sprayed it down with that. You should have seen me out in the driveway pressure washing my sofa. So funny. The dirt began to come up and I soaked it good. It even got up a pen stain that I hadnt been able to do before. I let it air dry
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Now its in the garage because we are getting ready to move and it looks almost brand new. Once it sat in the sun for about 36 hours, it completely dried and I just need to spray it down with fabric spray to make it smell better. It smells like its been outside. Not dirty, but outsideish..if that makes sense.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Hire someone. Don't be afraid to negotiate! I just got my sectional cleaned by a company who uses certified organic biodegradable products. I negotiated with them and got my sectional (that's 10 feet of seating space) cleaned for $45.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009