What is bedtime routine for your 1-2yr old?

For my son, 3yrs, we wash him up, read a story, brush teeth, pray, then tuck him in and he goes to bed on his own. We were doing the same with DD, 15mo, but at the part I would tuck him in I would lay her down with me in my bed. We just started laying her down at the same time and allowing her to go to sleep on her own. She did cry the first night, (10min) but now she just fusses for a bit, then falls asleep.

Is this too early of an age, or am I babying her?

cynthiaesquivel

Asked by cynthiaesquivel at 3:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd is 18 mo and I've always had her sleep in her own bed! Her first 2 months we slept on the couch but after that it's been in her crib/toddler bed. I tried pulling her into bed with me but she gets too excited and never sleeps. I don't think it's too early at all! And if she goes to sleep without much fuss, it's a good thing! IN MY OPINION
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My DD goes to bed on her own she just turned a year old and we start at 7:00pm bath,bottle,book and then bed I put her in her crib and by 8:00pm shes asleep without a problem. I don't think it's to early. I had her in bed with me for almost 9 months and it became a real problem with her not going to sleep.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My son is a year and a half. He eats dinner around 6:00, then he's off to the bath. Daddy gives him a bath, and then he plays until almost 8:00. At that time, we get him settles sown and in the bedroom. I sing to him...(he loves the Mockingbird song) and then I put him in his bed. He usually cries alot, so I end up having to put him in the bed with me. (If I dont he will hyperventalate) then when he falls asleep i put him in his bed. He has recently started to want to sleep with me. Im not sure how to get him out of it. He is very persistent. But he ususally falls asleep around 9:30.
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 10:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My baby is almost one years old. She takes a bath at 6:45pm, then I get her dressed for bed. She plays in her crib for 10-15 minutes while I clean up the bath and get her bottle ready. Then I hold her while she has a bottle, and lay her down when she's almost asleep. She's in bed by 7:30pm.

We've been doing this routine since she was 4 months old.

And NO, I don't think you're babying your 15 month old baby!! :-)
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have 2 sons, one 20 months and one just made 3, they both get there baths after dinner around 7, then we play, read etc. at 8 we kiss mom kiss dad and down the hall we go, they share a room but have seperate beds. I put them in there own beds say goodnight and walk out, they usually lay and play, talk to each other etc for about 10-15 min then are off to sleep and either I or my hubby will go in a little later and make sure they are both covered up etc.
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 9:36 PM on Jun. 8, 2009