Should I consider egg donation?

I am 49 and my partner 36.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Im not sure what you are asking? Are you wanting to give eggs or recieve them from someone else to get pregnant? If you are looking to get pregnant you might want to talk to your doctor about it because of your age. it might not be healthy for you to carry a child. if you really want a child with your partner look into surrogant mothers. they can use your eggs and his sperm and you will be apart of that womens life while she is carrying your child. But its pricy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If you are 49 and you want to give birth to a child, egg donation is probably your only option (there may be a few instances where women have conceived without an egg donor at that age, but I know it is not very likely after the early 40's). If carrying the pregnancy yourself is not your top priority, you could use a surrogate. Both of these solutions are expensive and emotionally complicated, but both would allow you to have a child that is biologically connected to your husband. If you are thinking about either of these things you should make an appointment with a fertility doctor very soon. Adoption would be your other option, but you may find your options limited there as well due to your age.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009