Any One have a child with Down syndrom?

I gave birth to a little boy with Down Syndrom and major heart and eating disorders . I am a single mom and I did not know about any of his issues . I am 25 years old and this was just a surprise. Has any one ever been through this or have any tips for dealing with every thing. DOnt get me wrong I love my son with all my heart he is my joy and my life. I just want to help him and my self.

Terry01

Asked by Terry01 at 4:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried searching for groups on here? Let me see what I can find.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Here is a group

http://www.cafemom.com/group/10352

I am still looking for me.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:42 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Here is another one

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1152

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have never went though what your going through but i just want to tell you that your an amazing mother and women and you keep your head up and stay strong your son loves you so very much and if you just ever need to talk or just vent look me up i will be here to listen and i will even let you sceam at me if thats whats gonna make you feel better. : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you're doing a great job! have you looked into occupational or physical therapy? They can be great in helping with what you need. also, some towns have respite centers to give yourself a break for moms with kids with special needs. if ou wanna chat at all, feel free to PM anytime. I'm hear to listen and help where i can.
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 10:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009