Cesarean on June 12th, give me your best advice for those first days home.

I just want to make sure I have covered everything, I froze some meals, will have a bit of help, but I have a 2 story town house and am worried about getting up the stairs newly operated. Any advise?

cynthiaesquivel

Asked by cynthiaesquivel at 4:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• youll be in the hospital for a few days.. i was in there for 4 days.. and when i got home, on the fifth day, i felt a LOT better i was able to move pretty well and comfortably. Just take it easy, walk slowly if needed, if your dr gives you a prescription for the pain, take it any time you need it, dont try and be tough with it or anything....have people do stuff for you if they want to. if you feel you need to relax and do nothing then do it.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:54 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was in the hospital for 3 days and it sucked when I got home I was in so much pain and no help my mom lives 1hr away and my hubby had to work so it was just me and the baby... I made it though.. My best advice would be get help for the first week or so if you cant try to nap every time the baby naps.. God bless and wish you the best

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• try to take it easy and if people offer to help you take it!! You will need it and if you are married you will have to tell your husband that he will need to help you too!
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 6:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Don't take it too easy, trust me. I had two c-sections... the first one I didnt want to move because well, it hurts. Won't lie to you... but my second, I got up and walked not long after and kept moving and I felt better way sooner. Also, heat helps. The bad soreness/pain lasts for about four days, then it's alot easier to move around and deal with.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would say just make sure you have enough help. Stairs are possible you just need to take them slowly - dont rush it. And if at any point after you get home you start feeling worse instead of better go back to the doctor. I ignored that and thought it was just normal pain I was having... turns out I had a skin infection. My entire stomach STUNG for weeks! Felt like constant bee stings everywhere starting at my belly button down.... Listen to your body. Don't do too much.... Good Luck =]
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i did my c-section with no pain medication other than the spinal, i was up walking around that night, if i can give you any advice, just move, i have a high tolerance for pain so i dont know if you do, but i would just say the more you move the faster you heal....but my mind really wasnt on the pain it was on my son who was in the nicu...best of luck
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was in the hospita a week due to my DD having to go back in the hospital for jaundice. When I got home, I had my fiance bring everything I needed downstairs just in case I was in too much pain. I didn't have any help when he went back to work because my whole family lives in another timezone.
    CamillaMommy

Answer by CamillaMommy at 9:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009