could this be PreLabor?

Since yesterday I've been throwing up and having hunger pains along with Mild-Flu like symptoms also a good bit of contractions for good bit of the day. I haven't been out and about due to being put on bed rest so i wouldn't know where i got the Flu. My OB says I'm 1 1/2 cm dilated now and 80% effacing. Is it possible its just the flu? Also anything else i could take other then Tyleno for this?

Leiaza

Asked by Leiaza at 5:45 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try to call your doc...depending on how far you are it could be...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• with my first pregnancy, i went into preterm labor at 33w&6d pregnant. Fortunately, it was stopped with a shot, meds and bed rest. I had contractions that were 5 minutes apart for 2 hours, went to the hospital and then 2 minutes apart for the next 2 hours before the doc and nurses got it under control with the shot. if your contractions aren't consistent and strong, it may just be braxton hicks. "practice labor"....it is possible you may have caught a cold/flu...but, just to be on the safe side, I would call your ob tomorrow and ask him.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I just became 36 weeks sunday Both car's are in the shop atm for break problems =(
    Leiaza

Answer by Leiaza at 6:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• okay, since you are 36 weeks pregnant, you are no longer considered preterm. doctors will not stop your labor if you go into it now.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my OB did say i could expect to have her 1-2 weeks early from my due date which is July 4th. Babies already 6lbs but yet she's still breached and hasn't dropped yet.
    Leiaza

Answer by Leiaza at 6:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• is your OB telling you to schedule a c-section because the baby is breached? About the weight of your baby, I wouldn't fully rely on the ultrasound measurements...they were off by almost 2 pounds with mine. She weighed less than what they thought. If your doctor will allow you to try a vaginal birth, do not get induced. My daughter didn't drop when I was induced and I ended up with a c-section.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No she hasn't suggested anything yet. Just that because the baby was 6lbs and im like 80% effacing that to expect to have here 1-2 weeks early. Im just concerned that she hasn't dropped yet
    Leiaza

Answer by Leiaza at 6:33 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yeah I'm 35weeks and the ultrasound said I'm 2-3weeks ahead everytime they measure his head and other parts. Both my other pregnancies they was over 8lbs plus at certain weeks ur baby is such and such weight and I've always been like a little over like at 32 1/2 weeks he was 5lbs 4oz. Well, looking at other websites the baby is about 4.75LBS anyways at 32weeks. HAVE U GOT CHECKED FOR THE FLU OR MAYBE possibly swine flu?
    Anonymous