Small early on contractions?

I'm 39 and a half weeks.

I am having tightenings, and down in my lower abdomen it has that like tired muscle feeling. Kind of like when you do a bunch of sit ups, but down there instead.
Could this be early stages of contractions (the ones where some women don't notice them). At birthing class the lady said that early contractions some ladies don't even notice they're having real contractions until they get really painful. This is just kind of like a dull achey feeling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it could be that or just the braxtin hicks ones. as long as you arent in terrible pain to the point where you cant stand it I would say that you are ok. if you feel leaking or spotting or anything else then i would call the hospital because you might be going into labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It sounds to me like you are in labor. Have you talked to your doctor?
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 6:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009