Did/Do you have problems with Mirena??

In case you don't know, Mirena is a form of birth control, IUC.

MrsDuff

Asked by MrsDuff at 9:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• I had lots of problems also. Mostly having to do with it making my hormones out of control! I felt like I was going through puberty again. Now I have Paragard which is the non-hormonal IUD (copper) and so far so good.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had the Mirena for 2 years and had major problems with ovarian cysts. Prior to having this device, I had never had one in my life. I also had acne, joint pain, and irregular cycles. I had it removed 8 mos ago, and I am still not back to normal. Beware this device! The doctors don't give you whole scoop. If I had of known all of this, I wouldn't have had it inserted in the first place.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 9:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• im doing fine
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 9:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i got pregnant within four months of having it. and i bleed all the time every week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I cramped horribly and had hormonal issues among other things I hated it!! I had it removed after a year and all the problems I had went away almost immediately.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had mine for about 11 months. I didn't like it. It made my hormones go crazy and my period stopped. I would have terrible mood swings. And really bad cramping at the time of ovulation. It took about two months for my periods to get right after they took it out and my moods were back to normal within a week. I know a few other people with them and they don't like it. But it works for some so maybe it's worth a try. I'm glad I tried it at least.
    Princess02266

Answer by Princess02266 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thank you!! I currently have Mirena and havent had any problems until recently. Just seeing what it caused in everyone else, because Im not sure thats what causing my problems. Im pretty sure though that it is... Thanks again!
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 3:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have had the Mirena now for two years...Not a problem at all...No periods, wooohooo!...I think I'm gonna get it removed soon cause we want another child...Can't wait!...I would get it again...I also think that everyone is different, so you are gonna hear all types of stories about the IUD...
    uuniiiquuee

Answer by uuniiiquuee at 4:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009