3 weeks too early after havign a baby?

is 3 weeks too early too have sex after having a baby? im just asking..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think they say to wait six.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:26 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• After both of my kids I had sex within 3 weeks of giving birth. I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as you had normal, uncomplicated deliveries and you're up to it. Doctors recommend waiting six weeks (after your post-natal exam) so that they can be sure you're healing up well. If you had any stitches, I would recommend you wait until after you see your doctor. Maybe make an earlier appointment if you don't want to wait.
    MamaApril2

Answer by MamaApril2 at 9:41 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 3 weeks is about the time we waited after both of our children.

I also had no tears, rips, or stitches. I felt fine down there, and everywhere else.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We waited 4 weeks. I think as long as you feel fine and you are done bleeding you are good to go.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We waited less than that...it was about 2 1/2 wks....I felt great at 2wks..but it took alot of convincing Hubs to do the deed...but he gave in finally...and it was AMAZING! :-)

I say if you feel fine, listen to your body and go for it!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:33 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Feeling fine doesn't mean that everything is all healed up yet. I figure that the docs say 6 weeks for a reason.
    Anonymous