Dirty Laundry

Do you have ti use dreft the baby detergent to wash clothes or does it really matter? Or do you have any ideas of cheaper laundry soap I Can use?

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 9:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• A lot of kids are really sensitive to high fragrance detergents and dreft is one of them. Most people just use it for the smell. I personally like Wisk, All, Tide or Gain. I have HE machines and even though I know I can use other kinds, the sears man told me that other kinds can cause build up in my machines and the would void my warranty. So I just got used to using the brand names. For some reason Walmart didnt have the Wisk the last two times I went to buy some, so I bought Gain. Its very high fragrance too and I like the Tide better because its good but not as smelly. I have used Purex and its not that expensive. I stay away from things like SUN, and the other things that dont come in liquid. I wont use the powder because it clumps. I love off brand items, but LD, is just one of those things that I have to be picky about. I do LOTS of laundry.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• my kids are allergic to everthing we cant use dreft the fragrance breaks them out.. i use all free and clear it a whole $4.97 for a bottle that gives 64 loads.. it so the way to go.. we also have welwater and it does a great job of cleaning our clothes..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Xtra liquid laundry soap is the cheapest I think. That's what I use.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• ALL makes a Baby ALL that is a LOT cheaper than Dreft.

It depends on your baby. With both of mine I bought a bottle of Dreft and used it until it was gone then switched to Baby All. After about 6 months I just switched to regular and didn't have any problems.

I really like Gain, and that's what I use on a regular basis. I have to either use Woolite or Cheer on my husband's uniforms, though.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i used anything that said free and clear you dont have to use dreft
    Jaxonsmom

Answer by Jaxonsmom at 10:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well my husband bought this stuff called simplicity. Thats doesnt really have a scent and is hypoallergenic and non-toxic. Has anyone ever heard of this or think it will be fine?
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 11:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My kids have sensitive skin, but laundry detergent never bothered them. I never separated their laundry from ours and never used special detergent. They turned out fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We never used baby detergent or anything special on the kids clothes. When they were babies we were already using ALL free and clear and just continued to use that. Now we use Kirkland brand (from Costco). It also has no dyes or perfumes.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I use the ALL free and clear. It is a lot cheaper than the Dreft and it lasts a long times. I got a bottle of 32 loads at the Dollar Store for only $4. It has lasted for several months.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• anything that says "free and clear" is good and I use the purex or the all free and clear. Arm & hammer makes free and clear as well. All of them are cheap and gets clothes clean w/out harsh additives or chemicals
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009