Anyway to stop certain dreams???

So it might be a stupid question... but everynight since me and my boyfriend have gotten together I have had dreams that he cheats on me and we end up breaking up... I know he would never cheat on me and I have never cheated on him so idk why I keep having these dreams... I never even think about him cheating on me, can anyone explain why I keep having these dreams... or how I may be able to stop them????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• When I have dreams that bother me, or ones that are especially scary. I write them out, putting down every detail that I can remember, then I keep writing, asking myself the same types of questions you just asked. There may be a lot of the...'what should I fix for dinner' type things in there too. It's sort of an active meditation, just keep writing. Sometimes just writing it out will make it go away, just to get it out of your system, other times you may just answer your own questions.

To be honest I've had these same dreams about my DH. Or at least I use to, the main one was my coming home to find him in bed with his ex. Which I know would never happen in a million years. For me it's just my low self esteem and fears that he'll leave me. But I talk to him and write stuff out, it helps me.

Good luck
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You have put that thought there during awake hours. Get rid of it by replacing it with other thoughts. Dreams are merely random thoughts that you have stored. They come out during sleep in no particular order. I'd say it's a serious insecurity on your part though, some deep rooted fear. Work on building your confidence in yourself and what you offer the relationship. That will replace the negative thoughts.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009