For Pro-Life Women Only:

I'm pro-choice. I don't want to start a debate or a fight, I just want to learn a little bit about the pro-life point of view. My main question is; how are you pro-life and pro- womens rights?
Like I said, I am not trying to start a fight or debate. I just want to see why people feel the way they do on the other side of the fence.

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 10:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am pro-life. As others have stated,I believe that everyone has a right to live.Just because you are pregnant with an unwanted child,does not make you God to decide another human being should die for your convenience.I do agree with the lady who said the women's movement has gone too far.I agree that we should ALL be treated equally.The right to decide if we want to be pregnant is completely different, than thinking you have the right to kill another life because it's inside you. My husband's mother was about to have an abortion when she was pregnant with him.She actually went into the clinic but decided against having the abortion when she was speaking to one of the counselors.The counselor had told her that it seemed as if she was finding reasons for not having the abortion.I'm so glad she didn't do it!That was 24 years ago and he is the most wonderful man and father!

Miss-Baby-Baker

Answer by Miss-Baby-Baker at 1:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I guess without anyone judging me I would like to say that women are the ones who have to raise, carry and protect their children. It is not my responsibiltiy to judge any one for the choices they make. I feel this is an important right for the women of our country to have, although I could not make this choice, I believe all women have a right to choose. I don't believe in later term abortion, unless the woman is in danger. I think if you can't decide before 12 weeks, the choice has been made for you.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I base my side of the fence by remembering that there are women now what ever year who are like me then, my parents had I been pregnant before marriage (I was not and I never had an abortion either jfyi) and my parents on the other hand would have disowned me and had nothing to do with me. I didn't know then even though I never had to consider an abortion that who turned out to be my inlaws were very very supportive of their own grown kids' life's choices.

If my two daughter or my son's girlfriend had an abortion or born out of wedlock babies - or if they ever do - I would never never give them an ultimatum to abort or not to abort. I have talked about abortion with them all and they know should that choice have to be made that I will love them unconditionally and that they're souls will not go to hell. I do believe in God I do attend a mainstream religion and I wish for more responsibility of all ages and parents w/bc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Okay, well you didn't ask for my opinion but I will give it anyways. I am Pro-Choice, Anti- Abortion and Don't have any faith in "Women's Rights." Personally I feel that as a woman you should have the same rights as a man, but you shouldn't have it any better than they do. I feel the womens rights movement has gone way to far! As for being pro-life or choice I think abortion is a horrid neccessity. I feel that there will always be cases where abortion is best, but that it should only be used in cases where someone is in danger not as BC. And I don't think that there should ever be an abortion preformed once the baby is able to live outside the mother. So, although I am pro-choice because I feel there is always a need, I also am anti-abortion because I think that 90% of the time there are other options.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I am pro life, only because when you spread your legs, condom, birth control or whatever you know the risks of what could happen. thats why there are adoptions. abortions dont not make you a parent, youre just a parent to a dead child that you chose to take. in a case where a woman is raped or something severe and ends up pregnant, absolutely she should have the choice to do abort though because, well that wouldnt be her fault. Although im pro life, at the same time Im on the pro choice fence line as well ONLY because who the hell is the government to tell a woman what she can and cant do with her body. (and i agree with sabrina about womens rights movements being taken wayyy overboard) but that is still something that a woman herself has the right to decide. her body her choice. this is such a big issue and i think we are all a little of both!
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 10:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm pro-life,100%, no exceptions. That may sound small-minded to some,but not to a person who was saved from an abortion. My dad wanted my mom to have one,and Glory to God,she didn't,but it definetly goes a long way towards shaping one's view of abortion. In my opinion,there is never a good reason for one,and unless the Govt. steps in and regulates it, more and more innocent unborn babies will be murdered needlessly. It is not up to us to play God,and decide who lives and who dies. That is up to GOD AND GOD ALONE! NO one has the right to make that decision for another human being, born or not. And,that,along with my first reason is the reasons why I'm pro-life. Everyone deserves the chance to be born. God created them,and formed them in the womb,and they deserve the chance to be born,just as much as anyone else.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I WAS pro-choice as a teen. Then at 21 I got pregnant for the first time and started tracking my baby's development. Heart beat at 21 days post fertilization. Measurable brain waves at 40 days. and I realized how wrong it is that it is legal to murder that child for no reason at all. Now there are reasons that are acceptable and frankly I'm not in favor of legally outlawing all abortion. I don't want every miscarriage investigated as a possible homicide. But I do want to change the culture to one that respects and values a woman's ability to carry life and give birth. I don't see that now. Fertility is currently seen as an obstacle to pleasure and recreational sex and that is just wrong! Women should not be used and tossed aside in favor of the next conquest.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• For me it's very simple - when a woman has a miscarriage at 12 weeks, the loss is mourned. When a woman has an abortion at 12 weeks, the loss is identical, but it's "just a bunch of cells." Nobody tells their sister or wife or friend, after they have a miscarriage, to get over it because it's just a bunch of cells. Which means the justification for abortion is nothing more than hypocrisy. The only difference between the two is if one is wanted.

Finding it hypocritical has nothing to do with women's rights, just with women's inconvenience. There is new research all the time showing that not only are babies more developed than we realize earlier in gestation, but that they can feel pain, even in the first trimester. It's why they now use anesthesia during pre-natal surgery and there are now states that require anesthesia for the fetus during an abortion.

Over 95% are for convenience, according to science, not churches.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1184344/How_my_babies_made_me_Pro_Choice
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "I am pro life, only because when you spread your legs, condom, birth control or whatever you know the risks of what could happen."

and what if she was raped? what if the doctor ays she may die having the baby...
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009