Do I got it right this time? What should I do?

It seems like I am the one who is keeping us together. He comes around every once in a while but not until I have made him feel guilty for not being here. I tell him the ol' "If you loved us..." line.

I keep telling myself "Well if he loved us, I wouldn't have to ask because he would want to be here".

It's all ways excuse after excuse on why he can't be here, why he can't keep his promise, why he can't stick to what he said or why he can't talk to me at all...in my mind and my heart, I believe it's not be because he can't but because he doesn't want to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you should stop buying his excuses and be done with him. You shouldn't have to force it and stress yourself out about it all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sounds like you know the answer to this one on your own...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sounds like you hit the nail on the head. Life is made of choices. His choices prove your point. There is no need to waste more time on this guy. Find someone who chooses to be with you. Let this guy see what he lost when he finds out some great guy snatched you up and loves you like you need to be loved.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It sounds like you are the one who is doing all the pursuing. Men seem to like it better long-term when they are the ones doing the pursuing. They are interesting creatures in that they do love to be admired and respected, but when it comes to the actual chase, they like to be on the pursuing end. Women have to be smart and not too easily caught in the pursuit. In other words, the harder you are to catch, the more interesting and desirable catch you become. It's one of the big reasons why I believe that you should not have sex with a man until after marriage. As a woman, I want to know that I am being pursued because he thinks I am the woman of his dreams and not just because he thinks I am hot. As he pursues me, he is learning that I am smart, clever, kind, compassionate, and that I have a lot of self-control because I know who I am and what I want. Once you settle for only the physical, the rest gets lost.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2009