Not really a ?, more like venting.

I am so sick of my ex husbands girlfriend trying to play house with my daughter. The girl is WORTHLESS. She wont even cook my daughter a healthy meal. They go out to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner...SERIOUSLY!!! I asked my DD what daddy had his house to eat if she got hungary her responce was, cereal, mimi-muffins and hot pockets. My daughter is 7 so she know what she is talking about. She tells me that they, my ex and his girlfriend, fight all the time. She cant get either of them to wake up with her or if she doesnt feel good in the middle of the night it is impossible to get them to help her. I could spit fire. I cant imagine what all the damn fast food is doing to her body and there is nothing I can do about it. He gets her for half the summer. So basically she is going to have 105 fast food meals this summer...great. He also doesnt make her brush her teeth. She came home this weekend and her teeth were YELLOW. HELP!!!

JessieK79

Asked by JessieK79 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Kids are far more capable than we give them credit for. Let her know that she can brush her own teeth without anyone making her do it, that taking care of her teeth without a parent standing over her is a sign that she is growing up. While she is with you - now - teach her to make a few things to eat. Teach her kitchen safety, give her some basic recipe cards with simple things like tuna salad. If she can't get her dad to take her to the store for food supplies, grocery stores deliver - she can always call you, tell you what she needs, you can place the order, and have it delivered to her dad's house. Yes - I know he's supposed to be feeding her. But healthy food she makes herself would be a huge confidence booster and learning experience.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I agree with the teeth thing, she is old enough to brush her teeth on her own. Having said that, I would tell him I would take him back to court if I feel she is in danger. She should not be awake while they are sleeping. She should not have to practally raise herself for half the summer. I would contact my lawyer, or call protective services on him when your DD is there. They have to have a certain amount of food in the house, and if they show up and she is awake and they are asleep they will be in trouble. I feel you pain, it is disgusting what we have to deal with, and more importantly what our children have to deal with because of a divorce.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2009