The Law of Attraction

If you believe in the Law of Attraction please answer this for me. I have always believed that what we put out we get back, but as I am studying the "LOA" I am learning more. I never realized just how much thoughts could alter your life.

Now, here is my question. If thoughts really alter actions because of the energy you put out with them what about dreams? Do dreams affect life as well? IF so what about nightmares?

I am working on changing the way I think from negative to more possative but I can't change my dreams. So how do I stop them from affecting my life in negative ways? I have always had nightmares - every night...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't done too much research on it, but I think it's a really interesting concept. I always see chefs talking about how they put lots of love into their dishes and some even believe that makes them taste better. I would try it out myself but I always end up trying to get the recipe right first xD

I always thought that dreams are the manifestations of your worst thoughts and fears, if you believe in that sort of thing. There's all the dream interpretation books out there. If you ever figure out how to get rid of nightmares, tell me how O.O I have nightmares about being naked or loosing teeth all the time.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Conscious energy can drive your life in a positive direction. Dreams can be a way for your subconcious to release negative energy in a harmless way, or give you messages about things you might be afraid of or desires you might be want to pursue, but can't. Understanding what they might be trying to communicate to your higher level brain will help you get rid of negative dreams. Your conscious mind can drive your dreams, too. It's as simple as stating, before you fall asleep, that you want good and safe dreams. Understanding dream messages is the best way to stop them from happening.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My DH had dreams about a camping trip that he was on with our oldest DS and another child, ( that he didn't recognize) the entire time that I was pregnant with our third child. You should have seen the absolute look of shock when they placed baby #3 on my stomach right after delivering him. He told me later that day that this (#3) was the face of the child in his dreams. My DH has always had dreams like this (he knew when his beloved grandfather had passed away, without being told). It is something that I have gotten used to over the years.
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was going to say something very similar to what witchqueen said!

I do not think that your negative dreams attract negativity to you... how you *feel* and *think* about having had those dreams might, however. If you come from a place of gratitude for the message/lesson that dream brings to your life -- even if you don't have any clue what it might be! -- or if you can feel that the dream serves a purpose of releasing the negative subconscious thoughts, or helps you process them, then you can feel really good about them. And perhaps someday you simply won't need them anymore, but right now they apparently serve a purpose in your life, and if you can trust deeply that that purpose is toward your highest good (even if it's certainly not comfortable or pleasant to experience) then I believe that you will be attracting to you only positive things even if you are having "negative" dreams.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009