Car travel food?

Other than the obvious snacks, what else should we pack for REAL food. I don't want to do sandwhiches, other than peanut butter. But is there anything else that would work. I just can't see myself snacking for a whole day. We are going to be in a car with a small cooler.

navyma23

Asked by navyma23 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Travel

• i know you said no sandwhiches but my gma always makes fried egg sandwhiches for in the morning which are really good. good stuff for the cooler are things like cheese cubes, yogurt, bologna, jello, carrot sticks, apples or whatever fruit and veggies you like to snack on. if you like tuna they make a tuna salad and crackers for one person that is good as a meal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• pasta salad. fruit. cheese.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• you can make chicken salad too for wraps, sandwhiches or eat it alone.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• IF you like cold pizza which I LOVE. I would get a pizza the night before and stick it in the fridge then rip all the slices apart and stick it in a big ziplock.
    mamamissy23

Answer by mamamissy23 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have a big list of bagged lunches that I have assembled over the years; send me a note and I will be happy to forward it to you.
    -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009