Titers while pregnant?

Have any of you heard anything about taking a titers test while pregnant? I'm 6 weeks pgnt and need one in order to complete registration in college. Titers measles mumps, rubella. If anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate your information. Thanks

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 10:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard of that one but I would just ask (or google) what all the test involves and then let the person preforming the test know that your pregnant so they can take precautions if need be and put it in your chart in case that can affect the results.

Sorry I didn't really have an answer for you. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• All they're asking for is a blood test to find out if you've had measles, mumps or rubella, or if you've been immunized. If you can prove you're immunized, you can avoid the blood test, but it's non-invasive and offers no risk to you (apart from a bruise) or your baby.

If they're talking about requiring you to get immunized, if it turns out you're not, then you need to talk to your doctor about the safety of doing so while pregnant.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I actually googled it because my daughter had the same test done shortly after she became pregnant. The test will not hurt you or the baby in any way! It will just show your immunity to MMR. My daughters levels were quite high - she had the 3 day measles when she was little and add on top the immunizations that she has received - her M/W told her that she will boost her childrens immunity to it also.
    Nanna22

Answer by Nanna22 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Titers are simply a blood draw, but if they want you to get the immunizations because you do not have immunity then that would be a problem.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thanks!!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:19 PM on Jun. 8, 2009