daughter screams when im not around

I have a 5 1/2 week old, and I can't leave her with anyone. As soon as I'm gone she starts screaming and can't be consoled by anyone. She's perfectly fine once she sees me. Has anyone else had this problem?

LittleKMABF

Asked by LittleKMABF at 10:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son did this and i talked with my doctor and she told me he had loneliness anxiety, that he felt i was giving him away and never coming back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Yes, 5 week old babies cannot understand the concept of "mommy will be back", so when you are gone - that's it, they feel completely alone in the world, no matter who else is with them.

Best to stay close by until bubs a bit older.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 11:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• LOL yes! And my son is 1 and is still the same way! I can never get a babysitter!
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yup yup yup.....my son willl b 2 in aug and he crys wen eva im not there he gets over it but its wful sumtimes he'll destoy wat evv its hard
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yeah i had to go back to work two days a week when he was 8 weeks old because we werent able to make ends meet with my husbamd being the only one working. he gave my husband a really hard time for about ten straight weeks but if i was there he was ok. it was hard but we got thru it cause we had no choice!
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009