Around when does the nesting period come?

I can't remember how many weeks someone can be before the start having the urge to get everything compulsively clean and just getting things ready around the house. I am always pretty big on keeping things clean but this weekend i got a wild hair, and needed everything to be done like that weekend. I felt the need to paint our bathroom, and washdown all the walls and ceilings. I ended up moping the walls and ceilings and i got our bathroom painted and it is reallt bothering me that i didn't get the babies room painted (not that is NEEDS is, but i want it done) and i also want to repaint our bedroom. The thing is that the rooms don't really need it, I jsut have this thing about me right now that if it is done it will make the house more ready for the baby. And i am brooting over the fact i have to wait till the weekend now to start things again. Is this nesting or am i just lising my mind. I am 31 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it only happened with me with my third pregnancy. With that one I emptied out my garage myself including furniture and made it a play room with fans with the garage door open. This was in the middle of the summer and I was due soon then. Do what ever you feel you need to to prepare. It's hormonal instincts overpowering your brain of reasoning. Congratulations mommy!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• That's about the time I started to nest during my first pregnancy. It just now hit me this time and I'm 37 weeks. I think it's just dependent on the woman and the pregnancy :)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's different with everybody. With this baby it started at 35 weeks.

I just HAD to sanitize all the counters in the kitchen, scrub the cabinet and drawer doors with cleaner, hand srub the floor, bleach the sinks, wash all the dishes and reorganize them, scrub everything in the bathroom, steam clean the carpets, and finish getting everything ready for the baby.

It lasted several days for me and occationally I still have an energy spert where I have to get things done.

With my daughter I started nesting 2 days before she was born. This time it started MUCH earlier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I really only had one REALLY bad nesting phase, and we did it all in one night, lol, I think I was about 38wks or so....and about 5pm I just had this urge to clean EVERYTHING...so I started with the bathroom and just cleaned it top to bottom, and Hubs got home around 6pm and we nested ALL night until about 10:30pm...we cleaned out closets, washed floors and walls, vacuumed and dusted everything...it was horrible nesting, lol. I actually had a BH spell from all the activity until about 1am, lol....dilated me from a 1cm to a 2...so it did me some good! lol
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm 30 weeks...it has been off and on for me. I think it will hit full force in the next month.
    hopinforanother

Answer by hopinforanother at 1:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I've been nesting on and off the whole time. I got a big urge to have everything bought and hung up, and in the drawers for when she comes. I was so obsessive about it I finished early (like 34 weeks) and now i'm 39 weeks and 3 days, I have nothing left to do!
    My mom is a neat freak and I live with her, so there's nothing left to clean in the house.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 1:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009