ttc for 13mths,I have a 10 yr old.First time was easy Why is 2nd harder?

I've had a hsg. No blockage. Went to RE he took transvaginal ultrasound &
said there was no blockage. OB said hubby should get semen analysis. Hubby refuses.Hubby wants to try naturally without help. What do I do? Doc said i should take clomid but I can't take it w/out semen analysis. I did the hard part. Now what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Talk more with hubby and find out why he won't get analysis. Maybe it's pride and his little buggers not being strong enough in his mind or maybe it's concern for providing for another baby when it's been hard on and off, as children of all ages are, even though oldest is 10yo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Tell him how much it means to you and ask him to please reconsider. Have you ever thought he may not really want to start over again with having children? Some men take this as an omen. Just talk to him. If that doesn't work then I guess Nature is what you wait for

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Maybe hubby had a vascectomy years ago and doesn't want you to find out?

You body is older and so is your husband's... airborne pheromones affect your fertility and his. There are a lot of potential reasons for infertility, although 13 tries isn't necessarily indicative... later in life, three years is no uncommon.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2009