Did anybody watch the interview when the president of Iran refused to shake hands with Diana Sawyer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You know beccimae - you bring up a good point actually. Regarding learning about other countries...well, maybe HE should learn about ours? Why are we always worried about stepping on toes and bending over backwards to please others all the time. If HE knew Diane Sawyer, an AMERICAN WOMAN, was interviewing him, why wouldn't he RESPECT OUR CULTURE and shake her hand???!!!??? It would have been the proper thing to do at that moment. He seems like a big 'ol chauvinistic, pompous jerk to me and people are just making excuses for him.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 2:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nope and are you really that surprised? They have no respect for women.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 11:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Diane should have been REMINDED that she is a hardly considered a 2nd class citizen in countries like Iran.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• What genius decided to send Diane Sawyer to do the interview?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• its probably because she is a woman riight?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, I'm not surprised. If I were her, I would NEVER have even put my hand out there to be left hanging. two can play THAT game, a-hole!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If I were her, I would NEVER have even put my hand out there

That's the other thing - did she spend all those years in journalism and never pick up the slightest shred of international protocol? Start out your interview with an insult, excellent work!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• lol Maybe she will go back to reporting while on the bottle........ol wino sawyer
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You morons. It is disrespectful for a Muslim man to touch a woman who is not his wife or a member of the family. It is nice to know there are so many bigots out there still today. Look it up on the internet for Pete's sake. Your internet goes more places than Cafemom!
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 1:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

So much hostility - seems to me the only moron involved here is Diane Sawyer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009