i woke up this morning and i was brushing my teeth and like i started to brush my tongue and i ended up gagging and once i started gagging i ended up puking this dark yellow stuff and it was acidic and well i ended up doing that twice and then dry heaving til i drank some water then it went away .......could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You may be. I had pregnancy symtoms a little earlier than many women. My symtoms all started at 4 weeks. I threw up the first time when brushing my teeth, my breast hurt SO bad and I felt exhausted all the time.

If your late on your period take a test. GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• no sure how that has to do with pregnancy. sounds like acid reflux that just hit when you hit a nerve brushing your tongue. Do a pregnancy test maybe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Take a test. I will say that I threw up when brushing my teeth for about 6 weeks. It started around week 8 or 9 and lasted until around week 14 or 15. It really sucked. I used to brush after breakfast but kept loosing my breakfast and then had to start brushing before breakfast and would throw up bile (the yellow stuff) and then dry heave for awhile. Luckily I am back to brushing like normal. That was the only time I threw up. Otherwise I just felt slightly nauseous all day until the second trimester.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Oh and my midwife said that throwing up when brushing your teeth is normal when pregnant and I was lucky that was the only time I threw up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• hi I'm the first answerer. Thanks for educating me Christina807. Learn something new every day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You could have just gagged yourself and you threw up! The dark yellow acidic stuff is just that...a little stomach acid. If you have not eaten this is all that is in your tummy! And if something is going to come up this would be it on an empty stomach. I am not saying it is not associated with pregnancy, but I did this a few times when I was younger like 10-15 and I was a virgin so I know that it can happen and not be related to pregnancy, however if you think you may be pregnant you need to wait till your missed period and take a pregnancy test!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2009